Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crazy train comes to Michaels Arts & Crafts

What a day. Don't know if it was the full moon or the rain and storms but whatever it was brought in the Crazy Train and all the nuts got let out at our store today. I really can't understand how a person can come into and arts & crafts store cranky. Really people lighten up.
Sometimes they forget that they are in an"arts & crafts store" and start asking for things like, curtain rods and shoes (yes, I said shoes). I actually went up to a customer and asked if I could help her with anything (that was my first mistake) and she said yes. I am quoting her now "I was in last week and in the front of your store you had this black thing and you can hang things from it. And it had this shape (hand gestures) Do you still have it?" I then asked more questions to try to narrow down exactly what she was looking for. It didn't get any better. After I, and by this time, another associate tried to figure out what she wanted (there was no way either one of us was going to figure out what she wanted because she didn't even know) I turned to her and said "I'm sorry, we sold out of those. Is there anything else you need today?" She smiled and said no thank you and went on her way.
She was the most normal of the customer we had all day.

These are days when I'm glad I'm a potter. I can go home turn on some music, throw some clay and feel much better.

1 comment:

A Crafty Arab said...

I've had days like that too. Found you from the LinkedIn Blog discussion.
Kay
www.acraftyarab.blogspot.com