Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Teaching Jewelry Making Classes

Besides my regular job and making jewelry and pottery I am now a jewelry making instructor. I will be teaching the fundamentals of jewelry making. Crimping, stringing, wire wrapping, wire crochet, knotting, etc. I've had a couple of classes so far and they have been a blast. One thing I have found is that I never get tired of learning and sharing new techniques or new methods of creating. I find myself learning from my students while they learn from me. Creativity truly is a facinating and wonderful thing.
There was a quote I learned years ago, not sure who it was but it said "Everyone is my superior in that I can learn from them" I believe this. If you give any opportunity a chance you can learn from it and from the people you are involved with. And probably make some great friends along the way.

No comments: