Sunday, May 22, 2011

A watched Pot

They say "A watched pot never boils" and I think this is very true. My kiln is still too hot to open so I can't check to see how my mud and glass bowl is coming out. Normally opening my kiln is like Christmas (especially with a glaze firing) but today I have more anticipation, speculation, excitement and even a little stress. LOL. Silly me. Like I said in my last post, I have been wanting to mix mud and glass in a piece. So this is really exciting for me. If it doesn't come out how I envision it that's ok. It's a starting point. I will figure out what went wrong and adjust things on my next try. Maybe that is the most exciting part. Learning from the mistakes and trying again.

Well maybe in a couple of more hours I will be able to open the kiln and see how it turned out. Wish me luck!

No comments: